The primary purpose of this position is drive and support company’s Maintenance system through the effective management of projects, preventative and predictive maintenance of all production systems and plant equipment. This role directly drives and supports the safety, quality, and productivity goals established. Duties include: Supervise maintenance staff, troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems, account for assigned daily maintenance projects, ensure completion of all scheduled preventative maintenance items, support production, and complete all documentation and paperwork on a daily basis.
• Initiate, review, prioritize and schedule maintenance requests;
• • Perform emergency repairs when required;
• Prepare written reports detailing work accomplished and man-hours used by maintenance category;
• Prepare personnel schedules;
• Attend meetings as required;
• Review machinery history for trends and preventive maintenance requirements;
• Maintain departmental budget;
• Monitor spare parts usage to determine appropriate inventory levels;
• • Order spares/supplies as needed, continually searching for alternative sources;
• Determine which maintenance requirements to schedule with contractors;
• Assess departmental training requirements;
• Schedule personnel training as required;
• Provide “Production” and/or “Maintenance” with timely and effective information of important issues regarding mechanical and electrical systems;
• Support project acceptance and installation;
• Provide off-shift equipment support.
• Take an active part in supporting Kaizen activities and the continuous improvement plan.
• Bachelor Degree, 7 years practical experience will be substituted for education
• Minimum 10 years experience in Maintenance, prior supervisory experience is required
• Able to handle multiple priorities and projects
• Able to use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
• The ability to use virtually all types of electrical test equipment
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and/or debugging experience
• CNC experience is desired
• Proficient in arc, mig and tig welding is desired
• Proficient in reading pneumatics and electrical schematics
• Training/mentoring of less experienced personnel
• Build employee effectiveness
• Foster open communication and champion change
• Regular attendance is crucial for this position.
• Must be able to follow company Code of Conduct and abide by company Compliance policies.
Work area is normally heat/ air-conditioned in an office-type environment, with some time spent in a shop floor environment. Hard-hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor. This position represents the Company 24 hours a day 7 days a week for circumstances of business necessity, emergency, violation of company policy, federal or state regulations etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public.