TITLE: Supervisor, Purchasing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REVISED: October 1, 2018
Supervises, establishes and coordinates purchasing objectives which are in line with Customer Requirements while overseeing all functions supporting impeccable on-time parts delivery, ensuring that departmental projects/goals are met.
Responsible for monitoring industry trends, meets with vendors or suppliers, evaluates their solutions, reviews proposals and identifies suppliers to build relationships with. Responsible for negotiating terms and pricing of items purchased from given suppliers, evaluates ongoing value of items purchased and recommends to management when changes are favorable.
• Facilitate the daily operations to maintain 100% on-time delivery from suppliers to ensure production goals are being met.
• Ensure efficient and accurate recordkeeping of purchasing transactions.
• Maintain and Improve Supplier Relationships.
• Organize and manage purchasing goals and metrics.
• This position represents the Company 24 hours a day 7 days a week for circumstances of business necessity, emergency, violation of company policy, federal or state regulations, etc.
• Supervise, Coach and Develop Direct Reports (Purchasing Buyer(s) and Purchasing Specialist(s).
• Ensure transaction records are accurate and closed out properly, including financial receivables. This will involve resolving mistakes by either NVIC or the Supplier.
• Negotiate with suppliers/vendors on pricing and terms.
• Engaged in daily production meeting and other cross-functional team meetings.
• Bachelor Degree in related field or minimum of 5 years of practical experience will be substituted for education.
• 2 to 5 years of Supervisory experience preferred
• Advanced proficiency in planning, negotiating, material requirements, purchasing and inventory control capabilities of ERP systems (Odyssey preferred).
• Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Proficient in written and verbal English.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team oriented environment.
Work area is normally heat/air conditioned in an office-type environment, with some time spent in a shop floor environment. Hard hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, supplier contracts, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, suppliers and the general public.