This position is responsible for maintaining strategic objectives and targets that are linked with the corporate targets and its corresponding corporate goals. Duties include directing and coordinating activities that will continue to improve plant performance. Specific activities are to drive and support the Melt department productivity, quality, continuously improve safety and environment policies and procedures are implemented and cost improvement goals.
• • Confirm all associates assigned are present for work and on-time
• Document and report all exceptions to Human Resources and Plant Superintendent
• • Support team leaders with various daily tasks: problem solving, training, performance
• concerns, safety
• • Ensure proper operation of equipment and machines, by coordinating and communicating
efforts between shift and support departments. • •
• • Ensure proper processes, safety, quality and cost reduction methods are being implemented
and followed • •
• • Coordinate and Communicate department staff: Daily Work, PM Weekend Work Schedule,
etc. with HR and Off Shifts •
• • Monitor inventory levels: Boring chips, department supplies, finished good and WIP, shipping
requirements and status
• Actively participate in hiring process: Interview, Training completion of VOT and Job Maps • •
• • Have working knowledge of:
All processes within departments of responsibility, coordinate effective use of staff between
plants, departments and shifts, as needed.
• Evaluate performance reviews (associates)as provided by team leaders for continued
Performance improvement. Completed monthly and annual performance
Reviews for team leaders assigned with emphasis on improved leadership abilities.
• Insure acquiring of “target”, Safety, Quality and Quantity
• • Hold regular team leader/department meetings, maintaining two-way communication
• between departments, Shifts and plants
• • Review for completeness and File daily production paper work,
Complete and send shift end report to all shift supervisor and superintendent
• • Maintain a safe and clean working environment in all areas of each plant
• • Research, evaluate all shifts, implement (when practical/feasible) latest techniques for
• efficient and productive operations in your departments
• Take an active part in supporting Kaizen activities and the continuous improvement plan.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, with training in leadership development
• Minimum of 5 yrs supervisory experience. Prefer experience working in a foundry with 7 yrs melting or 3 yrs in pre-finish, finish or final inspection
• Knowledge of CNC operations/program helpful but not mandatory
• Prior experience working with Kaizen or Continuous Improvement work teams
• Lean principles background is a plus
• General computer skills
• Build employee effectiveness
• Foster open communication and champion change
• Regular attendance is crucial for this position.
• Must be able to follow company Code of Conduct and abide by company Compliance policies.
Work area is normally heat/air-conditioned in an office-type environment, with some time spent in a shop floor environment. Hard-hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor. This position represents the Company 24 hours a day 7 days a week for circumstances of business necessity, emergency, violation of company policy, federal or state regulations etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public.