Job Title: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Description: POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REVISED: April 30, 2012
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise and coordinate activities of maintenance technicians engaged in maintaining and repairing all production systems and plant equipment. This role directly drives and supports the safety, quality, and productivity goals established.
• Initiate, review, prioritize and schedule maintenance requests,
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment,
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations,
• Prepare written reports detailing work accomplished and man-hours used by maintenance category,
• Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards,
• Review machinery history for trends and preventive maintenance requirements,
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments,
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems,
• Order spares/supplies as needed, continually searching for alternative sources,
• Provide technical expertise to the maintenance department in a resolution of difficultnon-routine problems, as well as routine issues in a timely manner and appropriate urgency, Schedule personnel training as required,
• Provide off shift equipment support
• Take an active part in supporting Kaizen activities and the continuous improvement plan
• High School Diploma or equivalent, with training in leadership development
• Minimum 5 years experience in Maintenance, prior supervisory experience is required
• 10 years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment
• Background in preventive and predictive maintenance required
• Able to handle multiple priorities and projects
• The ability to use virtually all types of electrical test equipment
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and/or debugging is desired
• Proficient in arc, mig and tig welding is desired
• Proficient in reading pneumatics and electrical schematics
• Training/mentoring of less experienced personnel
• Build employee effectiveness
• Foster open communication and champion change
• Regular attendance is crucial for this position.
• Must be able to follow company Code of Conduct and abide by company Compliance policies.
Work area is in a shop floor environment. Hard-hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor. This position represents the Company 24 hours a day 7 days a week for circumstances of business necessity, emergency, violation of company policy, federal or state regulations etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public.