This position is responsible for maintaining strategic objectives and targets that are linked with the corporate targets and its corresponding corporate goals. Duties include directing and coordinating activities that will continue to improve maintenance performance. Specific activities are to supervise and support the Maintenance staff, trouble shoot hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems, account for assigned daily maintenance projects, ensure completion of all scheduled preventative maintenance items, support production, and complete all documentation and paperwork on a daily basis as well as continuously improve and implement safety and environment policies and procedures and contribute to cost improvement goals.
Pr incipal Accountabilities :
- Confirm all associates assigned are present for work and on-time
- Document and report all exceptions to Human Resources and Maintenance Assistant Manager
- Support team leaders with various daily tasks: problem solving, training, performance
- concerns, safety
- Ensure proper preventative maintenance and repairs of equipment and machines by coordinating and communicating efforts between shift and support departments.
- Ensure proper processes, safety, quality and cost reduction methods are being implemented and followed
- Participate in the hiring process by interviewing, training and completing VOT and Job Maps
- Have working knowledge of all processes within departments of responsibility and coordinate effective use of staff between plants, departments and shifts, as needed.
- Evaluate performance reviews (associates) as provided by team leaders for continued
Performance improvement. Complete annual performance reviews for team leaders assigned with emphasis on improved leadership abilities.
- Review for completeness and File daily maintenance paper work.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment in all areas of each plant
- Research, evaluate all shifts, implement (when practical/feasible) latest techniques for
Efficient and productive maintenance operations.
- Take an active part in supporting Kaizen activities and the continuous improvement plan.
- Provide “Production” and/or “Maintenance” with timely and effective information of important issues regarding mechanical and electrical systems
Other Duties as assigned
- Associates degree with training in leadership development
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience. Prefer experience working in a foundry
- Knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical maintenance
- The ability to use all types of electrical test equipment
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and/or debugging experience
- CNC experience is desired
- Proficient in arc, mig and tig welding is desired
- Proficient in reading pneumatics and electrical schematics
- Training/mentoring of less experienced personnel
- Build employee effectiveness
- Foster open communication and champion change
- Regular attendance is crucial for this position.
- Must be able to follow company Code of Conduct and abide by company Compliance policies.
Work area is time spent in a shop floor environment. Hard-hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor. This position represents the Company 24 hours a day 7 days a week for circumstances of business necessity, emergency, violation of company policy, federal or state regulations etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all- inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public.