The IT department is the channel that interacts with Corporate and Business Groups functional areas for Finance, Human Resources, Communications and Sales & Production capturing its requirements, understanding the business processes and information needs and develops and deploys information systems solutions that add value to the business by improving operational excellence, enhancing the decision support processes and improving collaboration tools.
Responsible for understanding and evaluating complex business functions and processes, information systems implementation methodologies, industry standards and best practices, and emerging technologies, etc., and melding these to form a set of comprehensive and coherent plans to support and further the business in its endeavors.
- Perform system/network administration, help desk, internet/intranet administration, security/spam control/remote access, hazard recovery, system backup, policy & procedure administration and hardware/software support and installation.
- Achieves IT operations operational objectives by maintaining current system; evaluating, recommending, testing and installing new technology; contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets IT operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines IT operations service requirements by analyzing needs of users/departments; prioritizing modifications to core system applications; resolves organizational conflict developing and implementing documentation requirements for problem resolution.
- Improves quality results by evaluating and upgrading processes; directing changes.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends in new technologies for storage architecture, capacity, and response time.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- This position represents the Company 24 hours a day 7 days a week for circumstances of business necessity, emergency, violation of company policy, federal or state regulations etc.
- Take an active part in supporting Kaizen activities and the continuous improvement plan
- Bachelor Degree, 7 years practical experience will be substituted for education
- Customer focused
- Working knowledge of Windows based environments including Server 2008/2012, Terminal Services, Exchange, Data Protection Manager
- Working knowledge of enterprise class networks including WAN/LAN management, firewall administration, VPN, QoS, POE and VLAN. Experience with Cisco, Adtran, and Sonicwall products a plus
- Telecommunications experience, including IP Telephony and legacy PBX systems
- Must be able to set-up, deliver and install PC equipment to appropriate locations
- Foster open communication and champion change
Work area is normally heat/ air-conditioned in an office-type environment, with some time spent in a shop floor environment. Hard-hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all- inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.