NVIC Position Description
Title: Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
Department: Environmental and Safety
FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: M07- M09
The Environmental Health & Safety Engineer has primary responsibilities for maintaining all environmental processes and ensuring compliance with environmental regulatory and ISO 14000 requirements. This position will also be responsible for assisting with health & safety responsibilities as assigned.
- Have through understanding of existing environmental permits and requirements, and ensuring that compliance is maintained by conducting regular compliance audits.
- Responding to all environmental incidents and providing guidance on response, to include reclamation, waste disposal and notification.
- Assisting with incident investigation and development of corrective action plans to prevent future similar risk and oversee implementation of such plans.
- Lead ISO 14000 activities to include updating of targets & objectives through management review process.
- Conducting regular reviews of EHS policy and updating as needed. Participating in internal and external ISO audits.
- Interact with regulatory agencies & assist with on-site inspections and follow up communications as required.
- Conducting all required sampling and providing documentation to regulatory agencies as required.
- Provide guidance to management regarding impacts to existing permits based upon planned modifications to facility or process.
- Work with necessary contractors and regulatory agencies with permit modifications or new permit requests.
- Create and publish charts, graphs and other visual displays to communicate Key Performance Indicators of environmental performance.
- Conduct all environmental related training and maintaining of training records.
- Communicate with contractors working on site to ensure EHS requirements are communicated and adhered to. Responsible for maintaining of contractor agreements.
- Serve as secondary safety & health representative and have through understanding of related duties.
- Participate in risk management activities and implementation of corrective action.
- Participate with industrial hygiene activities and other EHS related testing and evaluation.
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience working in manufacturing environment.