NVIC is seeking an Assistant Production Manager responsible for leading in a team based environment to achieve company objectives. This position will be responsible for managing teams of skilled Team Members and Leadership. Tactical and strategic planning skills are essential for a successful candidate.
Tactical tasks for the Assistant Production Manager include:
• Ability to plan and organize departments to achieve set goals including daily shipping and productivity targets
• Leading problem solving activities to enhance safety and quality
Strategic tasks for the Assistant Production Manager include:
• Strategic planning to set department activity to achieve company goals
• Team collaboration within the organization to execute action plans
• Skill development of Team Members and Leaders including organizational planning
NVIC’s production facility includes processes for vacuum process sand casting, grey iron foundry induction furnaces, finishing processes including grinding and painting, and CNC machining.
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency, and ability to organize work and multi-task
• Effective communications within team and ability to build trust vertically and horizontally
• Microsoft proficient with the ability to analyze and display complex data
• Ability to work professionally with all levels of the organization
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Operations Management (or related degree)
• 3 to 5 years of management experience preferred
Responsible for activities related to Supply Chain Management in relation to the purchasing and scheduling of products, materials, supplies and services required. Maintain accurate purchase order and schedule information. Demonstrate accountability for the highest quality products at the most affordable price available. Prioritize tasks through the use of time management skills.
Interpret purchasing procedures for departments and suppliers as a specialist; requiring a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of independent judgment.
• Purchasing and scheduling of all direct and indirect materials and services throughout the facility.
• Correspond with suppliers; providing information required.
• Drive procurement process improvements.
• Quote materials used in plant.
• Analyze proposals to select the best quality products at the most affordable prices.
• Follow-up on back orders; expediting as needed.
• Monitor materials ordered on a regular basis to determine proper inventory levels based on usage, production schedule and supplier lead time.
• Responsible for maintaining data integrity of parts database including pricing and part number changes.
• Verify accuracy of company documents.
• Maintain office and work place organization.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer college degree.
• 3 years experience in purchasing/contracts.
• MRP experience required.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
• Ability to negotiate pricing and perform complex comparative price and cost analyses.
• Able to work with limited supervision.
• Must have a strong sense of urgency.
• Develop procurement process improvements to ensure future long term success.
• Experience with Microsoft office suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to follow company Code of Conduct and abide by company compliance policies.
• Take an active part in Kaizen activities and the continuous improvement plan.
Work area is normally heat/air-conditioned in an office-type environment, with some time spent in a shop floor environment. Hard-hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor. This positon represents the Company 24 hours a day 7 days a week for circumstances of business necessity, emergency, violation of company policy, federal or state regulations, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public.
NVIC held a contest to name our Daily Newsletter. Kathy Adams won the contest with the name “The Daily Pour”. Congratulations Kathy Adams!!
Congratulations Brian James!